Each year, Horizons of Kent and Queen Anne’s serves over 150 underprivileged students. All of our students have limited income and qualify for the federal free and reduced meal program (FARM).
* Students are selected by their teachers and guidance counselors to participate in the Horizons summer program.
* Some of these children come from loving but financially disabled homes.
* Others come from dysfunctional families full of stress, uncertainty and unstable relationships.
Horizons provides these children with a six week summer program encompassing:
* Targeted academic support in reading and math
* Red Cross certified swim lessons
* Enrichment in sports, theater, learning games and outdoor education